Awqaf developed the Electronic Hajj Registration System after evaluating the difficulties, obstacles and positive aspects of the previous Hajj seasons. The system is aimed at creating a database of individuals wishing to perform Hajj rites as well as the data of participating Hajj contractors within the timeline defined by Awqaf. It also seeks to process all administrative, financial and medical procedures electronically in a quick and innovative manner, thus achieving a quantum leap in this arena. Furthermore, the initiative is aimed at offering all the services relating to this sector online and in accordance with the relevant rules and regulations in effect.
This services goes through the following stages:
1. Registration in the electronic registration page (at accredited registration centres/ or through other means announced by Awqaf).
2. Sorting out and issuing work permit.
3. Hajj campaigns enter their programmes, services and prices in the system.
4. Pilgrims choose their preferred Hajj contractor through the Awqaf’s online service, and then complete administrative and financial procedures.
5. Medical check-up at the clinics accredited by health authorities in the UAE.
6. Transfer of pilgrims’ data to “Masar” electronic system, payment of fees, completion of required procedures and issuing Hajj permits